Congratulations to you and your family on buying new land for new home construction. You must be excited and happy to start the construction of your new home, have planned things with the architect, and so on. For this new beginning, you would want everything to be auspicious. This blog will give you information regarding Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023. That is why it would be good to consider performing Bhoomi Pujan to seek the blessings of God.
Bhumi Pujan is done on auspicious days or months to ensure positivity remains in the land. Secondly, it helps in getting rid of the bad omen, small issues that can cause obstacles in the future. Bhumi Pujan brings luck to one and all. With this article, we take a sneak peek at the Shubh Muhurat for Bhumi Pujan for 2023.
What is Bhumi Pujan?
Mother earth is referred to as Bhumi. As it provides us with the best, we have to give our earth much respect. That is why Bhoomi Pooja is performed as a ritual in Hindu tradition. It is a way of paying respect to Goddess Bhoomi.
This ritual of Bhumi Pujan is done before you start constructing your new house, office, factory, etc. Considering the Vastu Shastra, the deity of directions, Bhumi Pujan is recommended to be conducted in the northeast direction of the house. Even the construction is to be started in the same direction, which is a good sign.
Know More About The Dates for Bhoomi Poojan 2023
Bhumi pujan muhurat, also known as Griha Nirman Muhurat. Such a ritual is performed, so the dream of house construction becomes fulfilled. A person has invested a large amount of money, which should be worth it.
When it is the right time for the Muhurat as per astrology, the Bhumi Pujan ceremony is done on the same day the construction starts. Furthermore, the foundation stone of the home is laid down just before starting the construction work.
The things you should buy for the Bhumi Pujan ceremony, the pandit shares a list of items to buy. Things you have to buy for Bhumi Pujan are - ghee, water, rice, coconut, betel leaves, kumkum, flowers, fruits, an incense stick or agarbatti, Diya, paper towels, turmeric powder, navratna, coins, cotton for arti, durba, betel nuts, etc.
Also Read: House Warming Wishes
The Auspicious Time for Bhumi Pujan
Starting from the month of January, Paush, Phalgun, Baisakh, Margshirsh, Magh, Kartik, Shravan, and Bhadrapad are good. You can get in touch with the priest or an astrologer who can share about auspicious dates. They can also share Nakshatras which are suitable for starting house construction.
Take a look at the Nakshatras, which are good for Bhumi pujan.
- Uttara Bhadrapada
- Uttara Phalguni
- Uttara Aashaadha
Meanwhile, to perform the Bhumi pujan ritual or ceremony, here we take a look at the Shubh tithi for lagnas.
Months of 2023 to Avoid Bhumi Pujan
Not all months are considered good for Bhumi Pujan or home construction in 2023. There are several months that you must avoid to save from any sort of loss. The months are as follows:
- Chaitra : March to April
- Jyeshta : June
- Ashad : July
- Shravana: August
- Magh : January 16 to February 06
However, as per Hindu traditions, one must ensure not to start construction of their house during Ashada Shukla to Kartik Shukla. It is not good for blessings to receive from Lord Vishnu. Furthermore, people who are getting married just avoid this period.
|JANUARY 2023||1, 2, 3||Sun, Mon, Tue|
|FEBRUARY 2023||1, 2, 3||Wed, Thur, Fri|
|March 2023||2||Wed, Thur|
|MAY 2023||1, 2, 3||Mon, Tue, Wed|
|November 2023||1, 2, 3||Wed, Thur, Fri|
|DECEMBER 2023||1, 2, 3||Fri, Sat, Sun|
Check: Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2023
Bhumi Pujan Muhurat 2023 - Performing the Vidhi
Whenever you perform the Bhumi Pujan, it should be according to the vidhi. Conducting the ritual in the northeast direction of the house is a good sign. Furthermore, one should also start the construction in the same direction.
It is advisable to get the ritual done by a pandit or priest. He knows best when it comes to eliminating the negativity and obstacles that might come in the way during construction. Once this is done, you must lay your first brick at the construction site.
Without a further ad on, we look at the steps to follow for the Bhumi Pujan vidhi.
- First of all, the spot in the land of your house is marked. Make sure that this spot should be in the northeast direction of the plot. Secondly, one should clean that spot before Bhumi pujan takes place.
- You have to clean and purify the spot of the location using Gangajal.
- When it is the right time, the priest or pandit will perform the rituals. It is to eliminate the negative energies around the new house construction site. It is also called Vastu Dosh which should be eliminated.
- The head of the family who has organized the Bhumi pujan should make sure to sit facing the east direction. In comparison, the pandits will sit facing the north direction.
- The next step is to draw a 64-part diagram. It is drawn facing the northeast direction of the new house construction site. This diagram represents different Gods.
- When the Bhumi pujan ritual is performed, before that, the priest will offer prayers to Lord Ganesha. It is to ensure that any hurdle, obstacle, or negative energy is eliminated before the construction of the house is started.
- The next step is to light an oil lamp. After that, the priest starts worshipping the snake God and Kalash. Here, Sheshnaag is known to govern mother earth along with serving Lord Vishnu. Meanwhile, the Kalash represents the entire universe.
- The priest chants mantras while worshipping Lord Vishnu and pours milk, ghee, and curd. Meanwhile, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped by placing a coin and betel nut into the Kalash. Kuldevata and Dikpalas, the God of directions, are also worshipped during the ritual.
- During Bhumi pujan, mango leaves, and betel leaves are placed on top of the Kalash. It is also filled with water, with a coconut on top. Furthermore, coins and betel nuts are put into the Kalash during the prayers offered to Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi.
- Here, the Kalash puja is done in order to channel the positive energy into the construction site. Meanwhile, it also brings prosperity and happiness to the entire family and the plot of house construction.
- Once everything is done while digging the hole Nag mantra is chanted by the priest.
- After that, the foundation stone is laid after digging on the small portion of the land.
Ingredients (Samagri) for Bhumi Pujan Vidhi
The required ingredients (Samagri) for Bhumi Pujan vidhi are:
- Betel Leaves
- Areca Nut
- Flower Bunches
- Paper Towel
- Incense Sticks
- Cotton for Aarti
- Oil or Ghee
- Turmeric Powder
- Navratna and Panchdhatu
Do’s and Don’ts for House Construction
When it comes to enhancing the Bhumi pujan ritual, always make sure to follow what the astrologers suggest. Take a look at some of the things you should consider after buying the land for new home construction.
- It may take time for you to start construction at the site. Always clear the grown plants at the location; the dead plants, etc., should be removed.
- Make sure to construct compound walls around the construction site. It is considered as 'shubh' before you start the construction work. However, the compound wall is not a part of the main house. You don't need to perform Bhumi pujan before building the compound walls. Meanwhile, the compound walls at the southwest should be made a little bit higher for good luck.
- If you see grass grown at the construction site, you can bring a cow to eat the grass. It is considered a piece of good luck.
- For some reason, if you have delayed the construction work at the site, make sure to build a slope. This slope should move towards the north or east direction.
It is always better to follow the auspicious mahurats before construction work starts. You have to build your dream house. Make sure your family stays in it with positivity and happiness and is blessed by God. While you ensure this, the Original Agarwal Packers and Movers ensures that your shift is hassle-free. We securely pack all your household goods, from furniture to utensils, and shift them to your new location. When looking for the best packers and movers Noida, call Bade Bhaiya, the Original Agarwal Packers and Movers